Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
***This position is contingent upon award***
JANUS Research Group is seeking a Database Administrator in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. This candidate will be responsible for recommending, implementing, and supporting databases in support of Multi-Domain Operations. The databases will provide the basis for highly available, reliable, and scalable software applications.
Your Future Duties And Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and Resolve problems around database performance, capacity, and replication for Identity Intelligence products.
- Develop processes, models, and tools to analyze and store collection data.
- Diagnose and Resolve problems around database performance, capacity, replication.
- Define Backup and Recovery strategies.
- Identify and leverage leading edge technologies and innovative enterprise solutions to increase operation flexibility and agility.
- Modeling and Simulation for system development, prototyping, integration, and deployment.
Experience and Education
- The candidate shall have an active DoD TS/SCI clearance.
- Must be proficient in SQL or similar database languages.
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) and data aggregation tools and techniques.
- Familiarity with cloud database technologies such as Aurora, Redshift, MongoDB, Azure SQL.
- Must work well in agile team environments.
- Atlassian Suite of tools (JIRA, Confluence).
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or related field and 8 years of experience.
- Experience performing data analysis, database design, development activities, and implementation for databases and database conversions.
- Experience rendering highly technical expertise and guidance in the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of database management systems (DBMS).
- Experience developing and testing logical and physical database designs via database design and implementation process.
- Experience evaluating and recommending available DBMS products after matching requirements with system capabilities.
- Experience managing the compliance to all required database administration procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Experience developing or integrating with DCGS-A and/or ICITE.
- Master's in computer science or related field and 5 years of experience.
- Agile Certifications.
- DevOps Certifications.
- AWS Cloud Certifications.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"