Information Assurance Specialist
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
***This position is contingent upon award***
JANUS Research Group is seeking an Information Assurance Specialist in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. This candidate will be responsible for conducting cyber security activities in support of research and studies of complex problems in Multi-Domain Operations. Secure computer algorithms that provide the basis for highly available, reliable, and scalable software applications.
Your Future Duties And Responsibilities:
- Supervise information assurance efforts; responsible for all activities relating to information assurance procedures and systems for Identity Intelligence products.
- Develop information systems assurance programs and control guidelines.
- Confer with and advise subordinates on administrative policies and procedures and resolving technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Consult with executive management on establishing and altering corporate policies to direct information assurance activities.
- Conduct initiatives and research to develop and establish information assurance guidelines, best practices, and standards into new CMMI information assurance processes.
- Consult with Software and Security Engineering team regarding security engineering procedures and systems.
- Interface with senior program leadership, external customers, security professionals, and senior levels of security working groups.
Experience and Education
- The candidate shall have an active DoD TS/SCI clearance.
- Must work well in agile team environments.
- Atlassian Suite of tools (JIRA, Confluence).
- Knowledge incorporating STIGs and SRGs, ability to use STIG Viewer, Fortify, eMASS and other IA related tools used for producing RMF package required to obtain an ATO.
- Knowledge and experience in incorporating Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), Information Assurance Vulnerability Bulletins (IAVBs), and Information Assurance Vulnerability Technical Advisories (IAVTAs) into a functional active baseline while maintain operational capabilities.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing information assurance security requirements for various RMF Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) system categorization levels for stand-alone and Global Information Grid (GIG) interconnected, and classification levels UNCLASSIFIED, Secret-Releasable to Foreign Nationals, SECRET, and TS/SCI accreditations.
Required Education and Experience:
- Experience contributing to documentation such as Software Requirement Specifications, Software Design Description, Software Test Plan.
- BS in Computer Science or related field and 8 years of experience.
- Experience implementing security in a cloud-based infrastructure.
- Experience in a software development environment, with Agile experience preferred.
- Experience in the technical cybersecurity tasks for medium and large teams or projects, including mentoring of less-experienced engineers.