Fort Bliss, TX
Serves as a network server technician supporting the US Army Joint Modernization Command (JMC), G6/NETOPS section. Responsible for installing, configuring, operating, repairing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and diagnosing PCs, servers, network hardware, network software, and other peripheral equipment associated with the Joint Modernization Command Support Network (JMCSN) prior to large-scale experiments and ensure daily operation during execution of the experiments. A total of three network enclaves will be supported: Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet), Coalition Network, and the Non-classified Internet Protocol (IP) Router Network (NIPRNet) (Colorless). Must have the ability to install, maintain, repair, and inspect network cabling and other hardware and the ability to quickly respond with solutions to malfunctions, while making sure that the designated computers and network equipments remain functional. Must be knowledgeable in troubleshooting, repairing, and problem-solving techniques and knowledgeable in network control programs, network management, and network architecture design.
Must also have excellent communication skills, critical thinking skills, practice attention to detail, possess technical writing ability, and problem-solving, as well as the requisite technical expertise and familiarity with Windows, Apple, Unix, and Linux server operating systems.
More specifically, the individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Run security and vulnerability scans
- Upgrade hardware and software
- Resolve server-related customer support problems
- Provide router and switch configurations for the JMCSN.
- Provide design, configuration and maintenance for the JMCSN
- Operate and maintain the JMCSN.
- Provide design, configuration and maintenance of voice over internet protocol networks.
- Provide design and maintenance of various data collections and instrumentation networks.
- Install, and maintain the JMCSN at designated building.
- Install, configure and operate routers and switches in support of annual experiments at remote locations, CONUS and OCONUS.
- Install, terminate and test cabling at remote exercise location.
- Image, setup and connect client laptops as necessary to support exercise control (EXCON) personnel at remote exercise location.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology
- 10-15 years of experience planning and integrating U.S. Army networks and mission command systems
- Experience with the Army acquisition process (JCIDS CLR101 preferred)
- Expertise in MS Office applications
IT certification requirements:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Routing & Switching (CCNP R&S)
- Required to have, or be eligible for, US SECRET
- Approximately 20% a year to CONUS and OCONUS locations
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"