Senior Systems Engineer
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
The SETA contractor shall support the Systems Engineers and programs/projects in meeting the Defense Acquisition Guidebook’s Systems Engineering Technical and Technical Management processes, to include, but not limited to, the following activ
- Stakeholder Requirements Management - The SETA contractor shall:
- Provide ongoing SE expertise and support to the SE Working Integrated Product Teams (WIPTs) and/or other SE related meetings.
- Provide Systems Engineers/Product Manager (PM)/APM updates on System Integration implementation progress, technical review entrance/exit criteria, CM assessment criteria and general SE matters as it supports the PdM's decision making process.
- Assist in the requirements definition process to elicit inputs from relevant stakeholders and translate the inputs into technical requirements including performance parameter objectives and thresholds, affordability constraints, schedule constraints, and technical constraints.
- Technical Planning Support - The SETA contractor shall:
- Assist with creating/maintaining program System Engineering Plans (SEP) and other SE related documentation.
- Assist in the planning of technical processes to develop, field, and sustain the system in compliance with the DOD 5000 Series guidance and other DOD regulations, and industry best practice.
- Assist the Government in ensuring that SE processes are applied throughout the system’s lifecycle.
- Support process development/improvements and related documentation for SE processes.
- Decision Analysis Support - The SETA contractor shall:
- Recommend, implement, and monitor SE processes, procedures, methods and tools to ensure that decision analysis has identified, represented, and formally assessed the alternative options to select an optimum decision.
- Technical Assessment Support - The SETA contractor shall:
- Perform periodic program/project technical assessments evaluating program status, technical progress, work product quality, and schedule management.
- Support Engineering Technical Review (e.g. System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR) and, Critical Design Review (CDR) Entrance and Exit criteria. Work with the Product Management Office (PMO) to communicate expectations and successfully achieve Entrance and Exit criteria prior to each review.
- Configuration Management related to the System Engineering process - The SETA contractor shall:
- Establish and control product attributes and the technical baseline across the total system lifecycle.
- Identify, document, audit, and control the functional and physical characteristics of the system design; track any changes; provide an audit trail of program design decisions and design modifications.
- Provide review and support of Configuration Control Steering Group (CCSG) and Configuration Control Working Group (CCWG) activities and processes.
- Technical Data Management Support - The SETA contractor shall:
- Assist the Government in ensuring that SE discipline is applied to the policies, procedures and information technology to plan for, acquire, access, manage, protect, and use data of a technical nature to support the total lifecycle of the system.
- Requirements Management Support - The SETA contractor shall:
- Review the definition, loading and approval of requirements by the Functional community and Program Office.
- Monitor the System Integrator (SI) progress in implementing and ultimately validating the program requirements through the Testing phase.
- Document all requirements changes and the rationale for those changes (via the configuration management process).
- Account for the traceability of system requirements throughout the software development lifecycle and confirm at each technical review.
- Requirements Analysis Support - The SETA contractor shall:
- Support the definition and refinement of system, subsystem, and lower level functional and performance requirements and interfaces to facilitate the Architecture Design process.
- Support the development of measurable and verifiable requirements.
- Architecture Design Support - The SETA contractor shall:
- Assist the Government in ensuring that SE discipline is applied to the translation of the Stakeholder Requirements Definition and Requirements Analysis processes into alternative design solutions and the selection of a final solution.
- Implementation Support - The SETA contractor shall:
- Assist the Government in ensuring that adequate testing and configuration control occurs during the implementation process (e.g. software coding).
- Risk Management Support - The SETA contractor shall:
- Support the overarching risk process that includes identification, analysis, mitigation planning, mitigation plan implementation, and tracking.
- Provide assistance to the Government in integrating risk management with systems engineering and program management processes.
- Identify risk drivers, dependencies, and root causes, and perform consequence management.
- Interface Management Support - The SETA contractor shall:
- Provide interface definition and compliance support among the elements that compose the system, as well as with other systems with which the system or system elements interoperate.
- Provide support to document all internal and external interface requirements in accordance with the Configuration Management (CM) Plan and communicate these to all affected configuration items.
- Integration Support - The SETA contractor shall:
Assist the Government in ensuring that individually developed components (e.g. EMC and TRIK components) are correctly tested, documented, and integrated into releases.
- Verification Support - The SETA contractor shall:
- Provide support to confirm that adequate verification processes exist to ensure that the system element me</<
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"
Looking to join our team? Visit our Employment Opportunities page to get more information.