Senior Program Manager
Fort Belvoir, VA
***This position is contingent upon award***
The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), Nuclear Enterprise Support Directorate (NE) performs integrated, multidisciplinary, Balanced Survivability Assessments (BSAs) that assess survivability of critical U.S. and allied national/theater mission systems, networks, architectures, infrastructures, and assets. BSA teams ensure continuity to critical DoD missions and infrastructure by assessing the vulnerabilities and survivability against a broad spectrum of threats including accidents, natural disasters, technological failure, cyber attacks, terrorists/Nation-state actors, radio frequency (RF) weapons, sabotage, and weapons of mass destruction (WMD).
The Senior Program Manager will provide dedicated advisory and assistance services (A&AS) support to the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Nuclear Enterprise Support Directorate (J10), Nuclear Surety Division. The qualified candidate provides strong Program Integration Specialist functions as the Contractor lead for organizing, coordinating, executing and integrating activities and support for J10NS, with a strong emphasis on budget finance planning, management and controls.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Developing and coordinating Spend Plans, budgets and organization / program financial work products for submission
- Assist with analyzing and responding the Agency and J10 taskers, including tracking the status of open and ongoing taskers
- Providing assistance/expertise in conducting market research, drafting procurement documentation (e.g., Statements of Work/Performance Work Standards, Contract Data Requirements Lists, CLINS, justification letters, etc.) and supporting ongoing procurement activities through award (e.g., technical review and advice to selection board, procurement analysis, etc)
- Assist in the financial monitoring, oversight and reporting (e.g., personnel travel; tracking commitments, obligations and expenditures; contractor cost data, burn rates, trends, shortfalls, etc.)
- Assist in management of government training funds and scheduling of personnel to attend training courses using said funding
- Assist/advise the J10 Program Managers (PM) and Contracting Officer Representative (COR) with annual closeout procedures
- Supporting the Nuclear Surety Department, execute day-to-day coordination with the assigned J4-8C financial analyst to provide the department accurate accounting of expenditures, obligations, unliquidated obligations, and real-time financial data.
- Assist in managing the department’s financial and contracting matters
- Prepare, update and maintain the J10NS calendar, tracking key activities, milestones, taskers, suspense dates, events, key personnel travel, and visits
- Integrating J10NS programs within and across J10NS divisions, identifying program synergies where appropriate
- Assist in developing and implementing J10NS short and long term goals
- Assist in strategic planning of J10NS initiatives, vision, goals and objectives and the coordination of these efforts
- Integrating, coordinating and leveraging J10NS capabilities and expertise across other J10 directorates to improve J10NS and J10 program execution and mission performance
- Plan and / or provide administrative, staff, and action officer-level support as required, and stepping in to provide surge capacity as needed
- Review, analyze, research and present recommendations for improving and streamlining J10NS business processes. Where possible and appropriate, leverage best practices within other J10 Divisions and J-Dirs
- Support tasks within contract scope from the Department as required
- TS/SCI Security Clearance required
Experience and Education:
- Working knowledge of the DoD Information Network (DODIN), DoD IT system and network certification and accreditation processes (i.e., RMF), to include system security authorization agreements and current and emerging cybersecurity threats.
- Previous DTRA experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred with 15+ years’ experience, PMP Preferred.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"