Senior Cyber Space Operator
Fort Belvoir, VA
***This position is contingent upon award***
The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), Nuclear Enterprise Support Directorate (NE) performs integrated, multidisciplinary, Balanced Survivability Assessments (BSAs) that assess survivability of critical U.S. and allied national/theater mission systems, networks, architectures, infrastructures, and assets. BSA teams ensure continuity to critical DoD missions and infrastructure by assessing the vulnerabilities and survivability against a broad spectrum of threats including accidents, natural disasters, technological failure, cyber attacks, terrorists/Nation-state actors, radio frequency (RF) weapons, sabotage, and weapons of mass destruction (WMD).
The Cyber Space Operator will review and assess all cyber-related issues for networks, systems, and applications supporting mission-critical operations in the following areas:
- Computer Network Operations (CNO) and Computer Network Defense (CND)
- Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) policy and operations
- System and Network Administration Implementation and Management, in concert with Cyber Transport Specialist (CT)
- Cyber support to Continuity of Operations (COOP) and Disaster Recovery (DR)
- Electronic Security and Access Control Systems (ESS and ACS, respectively
- Controls Systems and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (CS and SCADA, respectively) systems
- Operations Security (OPSEC) and Radio Frequency (RF) detection
- Provide operational CS-related vulnerability mission impacts and mitigation/remediation recommendations to the customer
- Willing to accept worldwide deployments which include high threat permissive areas presenting some risks to personal safety.
- TS/SCI Security Clearance required
Experience and Education:
- Working knowledge of the DoD Information Network (DODIN), DoD IT system and network certification and accreditation processes (i.e., RMF), to include system security authorization agreements and current and emerging cybersecurity threats
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or related technical field preferred with 5-8 years’ experience; HS and 9-12 years' operational experience may serve as a substitute for degree requirements.
- IAT Level II certifications and CSSP Auditor as defined and 8570.01-M, or ability to obtain certifications within 180 days of hire
- Working knowledge of network vulnerability scanning tools
- Working knowledge of network mapping tools
- Previous assessment experience desired
- CONUS and some OCONUS travel required, up to two weeks at a time
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"