Cyber Transport Specialist
Fort Belvoir, VA
***This position is contingent upon award***
The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), Nuclear Enterprise Support Directorate (NE) performs integrated, multidisciplinary, Balanced Survivability Assessments (BSAs) that assess survivability of critical U.S. and allied national/theater mission systems, networks, architectures, infrastructures, and assets. BSA teams ensure continuity to critical DoD missions and infrastructure by assessing the vulnerabilities and survivability against a broad spectrum of threats including accidents, natural disasters, technological failure, cyber attacks, terrorists/Nation-state actors, radio frequency (RF) weapons, sabotage, and weapons of mass destruction (WMD).
The Cyber Transport Specialist will identify all aspects of communications-related (i.e., DoD data voice networks, transmission systems, Defense Information Systems Network (DISN), and other DoD and Commercial terrestrial and satellite communications systems and networks) vulnerabilities, increase the customer’s awareness of potential vulnerabilities and impacts of communications on mission execution capability, and provide recommendations to mitigate or eliminate identified vulnerabilities.
- Willing to accept worldwide deployments which include high threat permissive areas presenting some risks to personal safety.
- TS/SCI Security Clearance required
Experience and Education:
- Working knowledge of the DoD Information Network (DODIN), DoD IT system and network certification and accreditation processes (i.e., RMF), to include system security authorization agreements and current and emerging cybersecurity threats
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or related technical field preferred with 3-5 years’ experience; HS and 7-9 years' operational experience may serve as a substitute for degree requirements.
- IAT Level II certifications as defined and 8570.01-M, or ability to obtain certifications within 180 days of hire
- Working knowledge of network vulnerability scanning tools
- Working knowledge of network mapping tools
- Previous assessment experience desired
- CONUS and some OCONUS travel required, up to two weeks at a time