Fort Polk/Leesville, LA
Experience Level: Junior
HECTIC-A provides the capability to replicate the communications infrastructure found in expected areas of operation of rotational training units. To support JRTC rotational training scenarios, these capabilities include an internal, closed-loop cell phone, landline telephone, internet capability, and a Radio/Television studio within the rotational training area. This includes the equipment associated with all wireless communication components utilizing the JRTC Tactical Network: tower sites, mobile platforms, networking equipment, software, and end-user equipment and user cell phones.
Required to operate / maintain / sustain the HECTIC-A equipment. Assist users by operating Mission Command workstations and providing familiarization training, primarily in Command Post of the Future computer applications. In addition to operating the system and resolving common error conditions, this position diagnoses and acts on machine stoppage and error conditions not fully covered by existing procedures and guidelines (e.g., resetting switches and other controls or making mechanical adjustments to maintain or restore equipment operations). Support VTC capabilities throughout the training area.
- Must be able to Manufacture and install various types of cables RJ 45, Coax cables, Fiber cables
- Knowledge to trace cables, troubleshoot, circuits, and installation of analog, digital, and VOIP telephone circuits to include cisco switches
- Knowledge of troubleshooting procedures on single mode and multimode fiber (light, connectors, splicing)
- Knowledge of Server/client relationships
- Experience with VOIP protocols( e.g SIP, RTP)
- Possess strong customer service skills with the customer big part of the day to day activity
- Install SIPER CAT 5 into Toc locations being able to troubleshoot using FLUKE testing equipment
- 4 years of experience as a Wire systems installer, computer operator/trainer or related position.
- Individual will have and maintain a secret clearance prior to working on systems.
- IAT Level II Certification (Security +)
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"