Help Desk Support Specialist, Tier 1
Fort Eustis, VA
JANUS is seeking an Intermediate Help Desk Support Specialist to join our Tier 1 team responsible for the successful operations and continued performance supporting and operating the U.S. Army’s Enterprise Management System (EMS) component of the Army Training Information System (ATIS). ATIS provides the underlying infrastructure to manage and deliver standardized training to Soldiers and other learners. The ATIS program designs, tests, implements, operates, and sustains an enterprise ATIS that provides a common operational picture of the training environment through integrated, interoperable training development, management, scheduling, and delivery capabilities. ATIS enables Commanders, leaders, Soldiers, and civilians to understand, visualize, describe, direct, lead, and assess training requirements to plan, prepare, execute, and assess training. ATIS also provides the institutional, organizational and self-development Army training domains to manage individual and collective training and education requirements.
Work will be performed at the Government’s facility located on Joint Base Langley Eustis (JBLE) in Newport News, VA and periodically at the Acquisition Logistics and Technology Enterprise System and Services (ALTESS) data center COOP site in Radford, VA.
- Provide Tier 1 Help Desk shift lead support and Incident Management including the receipt, categorizing, handling, and disposition of all requests for service from users.
- Support establishing new accounts and password maintenance.
- Act as initial point of contact for service requests received at this support level.
- Complete preliminary assessment and resolved if within the technician’s realm of knowledge using troubleshooting checklists and established knowledge based processes.
- Normally the incident is elevated to the applicable Tier II Help Desk if not resolved within 15 minutes of receipt of the incident.
- Support computer and application issues associated with computers, software and hardware.
- Route tickets to appropriate teams for resolution based on incident category and severity.
- Assistance available from this tier will be of the low to medium level for both software and hardware incidents.
- Service desk is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- A United States Citizenship and an active T3 investigation is required to be considered for this position.
Experience and Education
- 5+ years’ experience providing service desk / helpdesk support to end-users for PC, client OS, applications and hardware.
- Have experience working with the United States military is highly desired.
- Desired (not Required) - bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a management or technical discipline.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"