Data Architect Engineer
Aberdeen Proving Ground,MD
The PdM CPI2 Data Architecture Engineer serves as subject matter expert on all Mission Command (MC) systems (CPCE, MCE, DDS, C2I, Enterprise Services, Chat, AFATDS, P-FED, JADOCS, CPOF, JBC-P, JCR) and have a good understanding of Tactical Radios and Tactical Network data architectures. Develop architectural artifacts to document both as is and to be architectures. Interact with various internal and external organizations, program managers, technical development staff, and other organizational system and data architects independently to generate high-quality artifacts for PdM CPI2. Perform with little or no guidance, interacting with teammates as required, to capture and document the tactical system, and to demonstrate the impacts of suggested changes to the data architecture as well as highlighting changes and impacts to engineering requirements, capabilities and functions. Propose changes necessary to capture and access data from across the organization's enterprise that enable corporate acquisition and decision-making processes, with emphasis on operational decisions.
- Develop, prototype, test, and/or assist with new capability development and technology evaluation
- Support various complex development efforts in in a security constrained environment
- Track, analyze, and communicate commercial technology trends to a non-technical audience
- Research diverse problem sets in a quick turn-around environment.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and assist in design solutions to complex engineering problems
- Lead the development of the functional, architectural, and detailed designs
- Develop and present briefing materials technical and programmatic information
- Provide daily and strategic technical tasking
- Provide technical insight for Configuration and Risk Management on Data Architecture
- Support PdM CPI2 spend plan development
- Support test activities, documentation and planning meeting
- Coordinate with external and internal agencies
- 5+ years of experience in Network Engineering or System Engineering
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products
- Working knowledge of DoD Acquisition
- Ability to multi-task and pay strict attention to detail
Experience and Education
- BS degree – Computer/Network Engineer
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"