Information Assurance Engineer
JANUS is seeking a talented Information Assurance Engineer (IAE) to support the Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC) program. The place of performance will be in Orlando FL.
The Information Assurance Engineer reports up through the JLCCTC (Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability) Engineering Management team and establishes and satisfies complex system-wide information security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands. This role will lead and support information protection requirements. Additionally, this position will be assigned other projects or tasks in alignment with the level and scope of the position.
- Supervise information assurance efforts; responsible for all activities relating to information assurance procedures and systems.
- Develop information systems assurance programs and control guidelines.
- Confer with and advise subordinates on administrative policies and procedures and resolving technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Consult with executive management on establishing and altering corporate policies to direct information assurance activities.
- Conduct initiatives and research to develop and establish information assurance guidelines, best practices and standards into new CMMI information assurance processes.
- Consult with Software and Security Engineering team regarding security engineering procedures and systems.
- Interface with senior program leadership, external customers, security professionals, and senior levels of security working groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Security or a related technical field with 8 to 10 year of related technical experience.
- Holds (or ability to obtain) a DoD Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Due to the nature of work performed within this facility, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Domestic and International travel to Military Installations in support of JLCCTC Program activities.
- CISSP Preferred.
Experience and Education
- Experience implementing security in a cloud-based infrastructure.
- Experience in a software development environment, with Agile experience preferred.
- Experience in the technical cybersecurity tasks for medium and large teams or projects, including mentoring of less-experienced engineers.
- Knowledge and experience in working with the McAfee Host Based Security System (HBSS) Family of tools such as Host Intrusion Prevention System, McAfee Data Loss Prevention Endpoint, and McAfee product policy tuning.
- Knowledge incorporating STIGs and SRGs, ability to use STIG Viewer, Fortify, eMASS and other IA related tools used for producing RMF package required to obtain an ATO.
- Knowledge and experience in incorporating Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), Information Assurance Vulnerability Bulletins (IAVBs), and Information Assurance Vulnerability Technical Advisories (IAVTAs) into a functional active baseline while maintain operational capabilities.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing information assurance security requirements for various RMF Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) system categorization levels for stand-alone and Global Information Grid (GIG) interconnected, and classification levels UNCLASSIFIED, Secret-Releasable to Foreign Nationals, SECRET, and TS/SCI accreditations.
- Knowledge and experience working in a DevSecOps Agile development environment and applying IA constraints to the product development cycle.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"