Systems Engineer III
Fort Belvoir, VA
PEO Soldier has identified a need for an on-site contractor Systems Engineer providing Systems Engineering (SE) management and operational support to the PEO Soldier Engineering Directorate. The position will focus on maturing our linkage and alignment of SE efforts to the PEO Soldier acquisition programs and products. A demonstrated knowledge of SE processes is crucial as PEO Soldier moves towards the Soldier as an Integrated Weapons System/Squad as an Integrated Combat Platform construct. Additional work will be in support of our Close Combat Integration Enterprise (CCIE) initiatives for the Cross Functional Teams (CFT) within the Army Futures Command (AFC).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide PEO staff level SE support to the HQs staff and PM shops.
- Support development and subsequent improvement of management policy, guidance process and tools in relation to Configuration Management (CM) and SE in conjunction with the Adaptive Squad Architecture (ASA) and Squad Integration Facility (SIF).
- Support the discussion/fact gathering/course of action development to address SE/integration issues in concert with Soldier stakeholders through the use of the ASA, SIF or other integration venues/events.
- Evaluate SE practices and procedures within acquisition documents such as Capability Production Documents (CPD), Capability Development Documents (CDD), Systems Engineering Plans (SEP), etc.
- Professionally represent and convey interests and mission objectives of the Command through oral and written communications and through participation and leadership in relevant IWGs/IPTs, meetings, and conferences; generate EXSUMs conveying interaction summary in order to contribute to the resolution of system engineering/integration issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Provide regular updates on related tasks, issues and concerns utilizing the SPEAR report, periodic Staff updates, or as needed/required for each PMO.
- Represent the Engineering Directorate as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications & Qualifications
- Security Cleareance: Secret
- Recent SE experience (Required)
- Recent experience within Department of Army organization (Required)
- An understanding of the Soldier platform concept to include Intra Soldier Wireless (ISW), Assured Position, Navigation and Timing (A-PNT) and Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) (Desired)
- Ability to network both internally and externally within the Close Combat Integration Enterprise (Desired)
- Demonstrated strong communications skills, both oral and written (Desired)
- Demonstrated ability to work under general direction often under short time suspenses (Desired)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Required) and use of relational databases (Desired)
- Lean Six Sigma or other Continuous Process Improvement training (Desired)
- A minimum BS Engineering and 10 years relevant experience (Required)
- Security Cleareance: Secret
- Equivalent or experience commensurate with DAWIA Level II Systems Planning, Research, Development, and Engineering (SPRDE) certification.
- Domestic travel on a semi-annual basis may be required
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"