Help Desk Support Specialist, Tier 2
Fort Eustis, VA
JANUS is seeking an experienced Help Desk Support Specialist, Tier 2 to act as shift lead (networks) responsible for the successful operations and continued performance supporting and operating the U.S. Army’s Enterprise Management System (EMS) component of the Army Training Information System (ATIS). ATIS provides the underlying infrastructure to manage and deliver standardized training to Soldiers and other learners. The ATIS program designs, tests, implements, operates, and sustains an enterprise ATIS that provides a common operational picture of the training environment through integrated, interoperable training development, management, scheduling, and delivery capabilities. ATIS enables Commanders, leaders, Soldiers, and civilians to understand, visualize, describe, direct, lead, and assess training requirements to plan, prepare, execute, and assess training. ATIS also provides the institutional, organizational and self-development Army training domains to manage individual and collective training and education requirements.
- Will perform the IAT Level II functions described in 8570.01.
- Provide Tier 2 Shift Lead (networks) support, manage onsite staffing during shift, prioritize tickets, resolve network and systems issues, route issues to Tier 3.
- Provide asillery support to Tier 1 and Tier 3 upon request.
- Support Networks, systems, computers, servers, users, and application issue resolution, STIGing, configurations, monitoring, reporting and operations sustainment.
- Oversee technical team supporting systems, networks, cybersecurity operations in support of the ATIS training mission with hardware/systems in multiple geographical locations IAW PWS.
- Support Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and report weekly or as required.
- Take meeting minutes, track and report issues and discrepancies to the customer.
- Facilitate/manage projects and project teams to meet customer schedule, cost, quality requirements.
- Attend meetings with senior and lower level government and contract teams in support of ATIS operations, sustainment, security and changes.
- Meet all Systems PWS stated requirements IAW applicable Army, DoD and federal regulations.
- CompTIA Security + or other baseline DoDD 8570.01 certifications and Computing Environment certification.
- A United States Citizenship and an active T3 investigation with favorable review is required to be considered for this position.
Experience and Education
- Desired (not Required) - bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a management or technical discipline.
- Must have previous experience in testing, evaluating, and preparing systems for security certification under NIST and RMF for IS guidance.
- 5 years of experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting DoD Enterprise Servers and Systems (Hardware and software) to include: Storage Area Network, Performance Monitoring Tools, Active Directory, SCCM, DNS, VmWare, and Certificate Authority Architectures, etc.
- Should also have 5 years of experience with managing (security and software updates) of a large Windows based Enterprise Environment consisting of at least 1K clients.
- Experience briefing and interfacing directly with upper-level government leadership.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly articulate complex resource and technical issues to leads, staff, and clients.
- Ability to monitor the progress of multiple concurrent and highly visible projects and requirements.
- Ability to analyze issues and take required corrective actions.
- Skilled at risk identification and mitigation.
- Have experience working with the United States military is highly desired.
Previous experience with below desired:
- Remedy (CM)
- DNS (Limited to DNS that EMS controls)
- Domain Controller
- DHCP Server
- EMC File Servers
- Cisco Secure
- Cisco Prime
- Storage Area Network
- Bluecoat Proxies
- Cisco Any Connect Client VPN
- CA Services
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"