Senior Systems Administrator
Fort Eustis, VA
JANUS is seeking an experienced, Senior-level System Administrator to join our Tier 3 team responsible for the successful operations and continued performance supporting and operating the U.S. Army’s Enterprise Management System (EMS) component of the Army Training Information System (ATIS).
ATIS provides the underlying infrastructure to manage and deliver standardized training to Soldiers and other learners. The ATIS program designs, tests, implements, operates, and sustains an enterprise ATIS that provides a common operational picture of the training environment through integrated, interoperable training development, management, scheduling, and delivery capabilities. ATIS enables Commanders, leaders, Soldiers, and civilians to understand, visualize, describe, direct, lead, and assess training requirements to plan, prepare, execute, and assess training. ATIS also provides the institutional, organizational and self-development Army training domains to manage individual and collective training and education requirements.
The work will be performed at the Government’s facility located on Joint Base Langley Eustis (JBLE) in Newport News, VA and periodically at the Acquisition Logistics and Technology Enterprise System and Services (ALTESS) data center COOP site in Radford, VA.
- Must have previous experience in testing, evaluating, and preparing systems for security certification under National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and/or RMF
- Will perform the IAT Level II functions described in 8570.01.
- Manage, support and meet server, applications, sustainment and operational Tier 3 requirements in support of all contract deliverables required of the Systems Management team under direction of the Program Manager.
- Support Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and report weekly or as required.
- Take meeting minutes, track and report issues and discrepancies to the customer.
- Facilitate/manage projects and project teams to meet customer schedule, cost, quality requirements.
- Attend meetings with senior and lower level government and contract teams in support of ATIS operations, sustainment, security and changes.
- Meet all Systems PWS stated requirements IAW applicable Army, DoD and federal regulations.
Experience and Education
- Must have previous experience in testing, evaluating, and preparing systems for security certification under NIST and RMF for IS guidance.
- 7 years of experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting DoD Enterprise Servers and Systems (Hardware and software) to include: Storage Area Network, Performance Monitoring Tools, Active Directory, SCCM, DNS, VmWare, and Certificate Authority Architectures, etc
- Should also have 5 years of experience with managing (security and software updates) of a large Windows based Enterprise Environment
- Experience briefing and interfacing directly with upper-level government leadership.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly articulate complex resource and technical issues to leads, staff, and clients.
- Ability to monitor the progress of multiple concurrent and highly visible projects and requirements.
- Ability to analyze issues and take required corrective actions.
- Skilled at-risk identification and mitigation.
- Have experience working with the United States military is highly desired.
Education: Desired (not Required) - bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a management or technical discipline.
- Must meet DoDD 8570.01 certification requirements for IAT Level II.
- Required certifications: COMP TIA Security + or other baseline DoDD 8570.01 certifications and Computing Environment certification.
- Must be a US Citizen and pass a background check.
- Maintain secret security clearance(s) at the level required by the Client(s)/Customer(s)/Prime contractor(s).