Senior Systems Administrator
Fort Eustis, VA
JANUS is seeking an experienced, Senior-level System Administrator to join our Tier 3 team responsible for the successful operations and continued performance supporting and operating the U.S. Army’s Enterprise Management System (EMS) component of the Army Training Information System (ATIS). ATIS provides the underlying infrastructure to manage and deliver standardized training to Soldiers and other learners. The ATIS program designs, tests, implements, operates, and sustains an enterprise ATIS that provides a common operational picture of the training environment through integrated, interoperable training development, management, scheduling, and delivery capabilities. ATIS enables Commanders, leaders, Soldiers, and civilians to understand, visualize, describe, direct, lead, and assess training requirements to plan, prepare, execute, and assess training. ATIS also provides the institutional, organizational and self-development Army training domains to manage individual and collective training and education requirements.
Work will be performed at the Government’s facility located on Joint Base Langley Eustis (JBLE) in Newport News, VA and periodically at the Acquisition Logistics and Technology Enterprise System and Services (ALTESS) data center COOP site in Radford, VA.
- Must have previous experience in testing, evaluating, and preparing systems for security certification under National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and/or RMF.
- Will perform the IAT Level II functions described in 8570.01.
- Manage, support and meet server, applications, sustainment and operational Tier 3 requirements in support of all contract deliverables required of the Systems Management team under direction of the Program Manager.
- Support Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and report weekly or as required.
- Take meeting minutes, track and report issues and discrepancies to the customer.
- Facilitate/manage projects and project teams to meet customer schedule, cost, quality requirements.
- Attend meetings with senior and lower level government and contract teams in support of ATIS operations, sustainment, security and changes.
- Meet all Systems PWS stated requirements IAW applicable Army, DoD and federal regulations.
Experience and Education
- Must have previous experience in testing, evaluating, and preparing systems for security certification under NIST and RMF for IS guidance.
- 7 years of experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting DoD Enterprise Servers and Systems (Hardware and software) to include: Storage Area Network, Performance Monitoring Tools, Active Directory, SCCM, DNS, VmWare, and Certificate Authority Architectures, etc.
- Should also have 5 years of experience with managing (security and software updates) of a large Windows based Enterprise Environment.
- Experience briefing and interfacing directly with upper-level government leadership.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly articulate complex resource and technical issues to leads, staff, and clients.
- Ability to monitor the progress of multiple concurrent and highly visible projects and requirements.
- Ability to analyze issues and take required corrective actions.
- Skilled at risk identification and mitigation.
- Have experience working with the United States military is highly desired.
- Desired (not Required) - bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a management or technical discipline.
- Must meet DoDD 8570.01 certification requirements for IAT Level II.
- Required certifications: CompTIA Security + or other baseline DoDD 8570.01 certifications and Computing Environment certification.
- Must be a US Citizen and pass a background check.
- Maintain secret security clearance(s) at the level required by the client and/or applicable certification(s) as requested by JANUS and/or required by JANUS Client(s)/Customer(s)/Prime contractor(s).
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"