Design Support Coordinator
Fort Eustis, VA
***This position is contingent upon award***
Headquarters, Army Futures Command (HQ, AFC) serves as the Army’s lead agency preparing the Army for the future. As part of AFC’s Future and Concepts Center (FCC), the Future Warfare Division (FWD) conducts the Chief of Staff of the Army’s Future Study Plan (FSP) [Unified Quest (UQ)] to isolate and frame issues vital to future force development, and to develop solution strategies for complex operational problems.
Supporting FWD as it plans and directs Unified Quest (UQ), the U.S. Army’s Title 10 Wargame, the Design Support Coordinator (DSC) will design, develop, build, and execute innovative approaches to wargame design. The DSC will lead a design team to produce problem-oriented approaches and methodologies which begins with defining a problem requiring solutions and identifying each study’s and event’s broad purpose and integrated objectives. This approach should be traceable based on an accepted, established analytical framework used for developing objectives, research issues, metrics, and reporting. The DSC and team will construct an objectives-based approach composed of goals each event must achieve in order to answer the study’s overarching problem.
The DSC directs the design and development of all UQ events, leads the exercise design team to include all modeling and simulation, game development, and is responsible for the maintenance and support of all exercise models, tools etc. The DSC will have direct oversight of all team developers/M&S staff, and reports to the JANUS UQ Program Manager in support of this Task Order.
- U.S. citizen
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with SBI, eligible for SCI access
- Former Battalion Commander experience
- 8+ years practical experience using Design and Army Design Methodology to apply critical and creative thinking to understand, visualize, describe, and develop courses of action to explore and solve unfamiliar problems and approaches
- 5+ years’ experience leading Joint Planning Teams at the Unified Command level
- Service experience in conventional forces
- Master’s degree
- Army School of Advanced Military Studies graduate or former Instructor on the Faculty of the School of Advanced Military Studies.
- Former Brigade Commander experience
- 6+ years of experience leading Joint Planning Teams at the Unified Command level
- Service experience with FCC/ARCIC’s FWD and/or Joint and Army Concepts Division
- Senior Service College graduate; and/or
- Multiple relevant advanced degrees
Travel: As required, approx. 25% a year
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
"Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"