Applying for a Government Contract Job in 2023
There are many positions within the government contract world that professionals interested in engineering, cybersecurity, data management or related fields can pursue. If you are somebody that's interested in working for both a private company and a government department, this type of job could be the perfect career path for you.
As we look towards a new year, now is a great time to refresh your resume...sharpen your skills...and brush up on your knowledge of the industry to interview for success. Below are a few tips that can help you lock in your future.
- In the era of remote work, the interview process is in turn, more and more remote. Prepare yourself to be ready for video interviews. This the now...and continued future. Have your professional background ready and on had, set yourself up in a quiet space with no distractions, ensure you have a reliable Wi-Fi connection and appropriate software needed for the interview downloaded and accessible. Examples of traditional conference platforms are Zoom, Teams, Google Meet, etc.
- Pro Tip: Sometimes a live interviewer doesn't enter the process until the second round. So, you'll need some video interview tips for your meeting with a robot. Using Artificial Intelligence, it will assess your body lanugage and eye contact along with responses to written or oral questions.
- Pro Tip: Additional documentation may be required depending on the seniority associated with the role.
- When searching for a job, use keywords generously. Using a wide array of keywords in your search, you'll receive a multitude of opportunities - some of which you may have never known existed.
- Pro Tip: Use the Advanced Search feature. You can refine your search by clicking the "Advanced Search" button. This will filter opportunities based on location, salary, education level and more.
- Apply only for jobs that match your qualifications. There's little flexibility when it comes to requirements. Should you apply for a position that doesn't fit your experience level or you don't have the required security clearance, a Human Resources Representative will likely remove you from consideration.
- The U.S. federal government is the largest employer in the world and comes with its own unique hiring process. That process has changed in recent years with additional special hiring authorities and skills assessments, partially out of necessity due to the COVID-19 pandemic and in response to the competition for talent.
JANUS Research Group Human Resources Team
Latest News View All
- JANUS RESEARCH GROUP TO ENHANCE TRAINING REALISM AT FORT IRWIN'S NATIONAL TRAINING CENTER JANUS Research Group LLC (JANUS) is pleased to announce its selection to provide crucial support to the U.S. Army Training Support Systems (TSS) Enterprise Mission Support Services at the National Training Center (NTC) in Fort Irwin, CA. (2/25/2024)
- JANUS RESEARCH GROUP ANNOUNCES FORMATION OF STRATEGIC SOLUTIONS TEAM JANUS Research Group (JANUS), a leading provider of innovative solutions to Federal, Department of Defense, and commercial clients, announces the launch of its Strategic Solutions Team (SST). This new initiative further strengthens JANUS' commitment to continuously align technical talent and thought leadership with the evolving needs of its clients, ensuring the delivery of enduring solutions. (2/9/2024)
- DECK SELF-ASSESSMENT AND GROOM TRAINING TEAM RECOGNIZED WITH THE TEAM SHIPS PROPELLER AWARD JANUS Research Group's (JANUS) Deck Self-Assessment and Groom Training (D-SAGT) team has received the Team Ships Propeller Award which recognizes excellence in team ships. The team includes Mr. Michael Sweitzer, Mr. Shawn Larrison, Mr. Deon Wray and Mr. Kevin Youngblood. (1/24/2024)
- JANUS RESEARCH GROUP RECOGNIZES VINCENT GUTIERREZ AND ANDREA LAWRENCE WITH ENERGY AWARDS FOR THEIR WORK WITH THE FIRES CENTER OF EXCELLENCE JANUS Research Group (JANUS) is pleased to present Mr. Vincent Gutierrez and Ms. Andrea Lawrence with Energy Awards for their work with the Fires Center of Excellence (FCoE). (1/19/2024)