Applying for a Government Contract Job in 2023
There are many positions within the government contract world that professionals interested in engineering, cybersecurity, data management or related fields can pursue. If you are somebody that's interested in working for both a private company and a government department, this type of job could be the perfect career path for you.
As we look towards a new year, now is a great time to refresh your resume...sharpen your skills...and brush up on your knowledge of the industry to interview for success. Below are a few tips that can help you lock in your future.
- In the era of remote work, the interview process is in turn, more and more remote. Prepare yourself to be ready for video interviews. This the now...and continued future. Have your professional background ready and on had, set yourself up in a quiet space with no distractions, ensure you have a reliable Wi-Fi connection and appropriate software needed for the interview downloaded and accessible. Examples of traditional conference platforms are Zoom, Teams, Google Meet, etc.
- Pro Tip: Sometimes a live interviewer doesn't enter the process until the second round. So, you'll need some video interview tips for your meeting with a robot. Using Artificial Intelligence, it will assess your body lanugage and eye contact along with responses to written or oral questions.
- Pro Tip: Additional documentation may be required depending on the seniority associated with the role.
- When searching for a job, use keywords generously. Using a wide array of keywords in your search, you'll receive a multitude of opportunities - some of which you may have never known existed.
- Pro Tip: Use the Advanced Search feature. You can refine your search by clicking the "Advanced Search" button. This will filter opportunities based on location, salary, education level and more.
- Apply only for jobs that match your qualifications. There's little flexibility when it comes to requirements. Should you apply for a position that doesn't fit your experience level or you don't have the required security clearance, a Human Resources Representative will likely remove you from consideration.
- The U.S. federal government is the largest employer in the world and comes with its own unique hiring process. That process has changed in recent years with additional special hiring authorities and skills assessments, partially out of necessity due to the COVID-19 pandemic and in response to the competition for talent.
JANUS Research Group Human Resources Team
Latest News View All
- JANUS RESEARCH GROUP CERTIFIED AS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK 2023 JANUS Research Group LLC (JANUS) is proud to announce that we are officially Certified as a Great Place to Work for the 2023-2024 period. This certification is a testament to the company's commitment to always do the right thing; treat others with respect and dignity; and honor our commitments. (3/20/2023)
- JOHN COLE AWARDED JANUS RESEARCH GROUP LEADER OF THE YEAR JANUS Research Group LLC (JANUS) has awarded Mr. John Cole the Leader of the Year for his work as Senior Lead Architect and leading a team of 35 Operational Architects (OAs) across the country under the United States Army Futures Command (AFC), Futures and Concepts Center's (FCC) Architecture Integration Management Division (AIMD) Task Order (TO). (3/17/2023)
- JANUS RESEARCH GROUP MIGRATES FORGE ENTERPRISE APPLICATION TO THE cARMY-S MICROSOFT AZURE CLOUD ENVIRONMENT The JANUS Architecture Integration Management Division (AIMD) Data Management Team has successfully migrated the FORGE Enterprise Application from the classified-on premises server at Fort Leavenworth to the Enterprise Cloud Management Agency's (ECMA) MS Azure IL6 Cloud environment, known as cARMY-S 1.0. (3/9/2023)
- AGILE RESEARCH GROUP AWARDED UNITED STATES ARMY COMBINED ARMS CENTER SUPPORT SERVICES MULTIPLE AWARD INDEFINITE DELIVERY, INDEFINITE QUANTITY CONTRACT Agile Research Group, LLC (ARG), a Mentor Protege Joint Venture (JV) between Ad Hoc Research Associates, LLC (AHR) and JANUS Research Group, LLC (JANUS), was awarded a United States Army Combined Arms Center (USACAC) Support Services Multiple Award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (MA-IDIQ) contract by the Mission and Installation Contracting Command out of Fort Leavenworth, KS. (3/6/2023)