JANUS is leveraging the technology, design principals, and best practices established by the video game industry to develop serious games.
Serious Game Demo Web from JANUS Research Group on Vimeo.
Serious games are designed to present realistic settings to teach operational concepts, ideas, and procedures through a game character and full immersive, interactive 3-D training environment. JANUS Serious Games provide a cost effective, low overhead, low risk, ability to place students in an immersive, experiential and consequence based virtual operational training environment.
JANUS Serious Game Features
- Designed as a First-Person Shooter, places students in a realistic, high-risk, operational environment
- Multiple Non-Player Characters (NPCs) serve as the player’s instructor(s) and guide them through the critical skills acquisition phases
- The training tasks, conditions, standards, equipment and operational settings for each module are specific to the customer’s requirements and are built to interface with a tailored Learning Management System (LMS)
- The LMS keeps track of student’s progress and skills proficiency related to critical system and operational tasks
- JANUS Serious Game design features focus on presenting the students with problem sets in different operational environments that force students to work through various complex decision making models.
JANUS Serious Game Development Capabilities
- A team of highly skilled Game Developers, Senior Systems Engineers, subject matter experts, training developers, level designers, 2D and 3D Artists, and QA/QC personnel
- Resident aptitude and expertise to rapidly identify, organize and translate complex training and educational objectives into Serious Game modules
- Skilled application of “AGILE” software development principals that are customer and end user focused and ensures that each module delivery meets all customer and end user expectations.
- Capability to present “Training-on-demand” that is tailored to specific pieces of equipment and critical skills
- Capacity to create theater specific, virtual replicas of multiple complex, uncertain operational environments (Asia / Pacific, Africa, Middle East, and/or Latin America)
- Elegant use of artificial intelligence (AI) that provides a rich, just in time NPC experience.
- Combine and leverage the best attributes, capabilities and features of First Person Shooter, Real Time Strategy, and Role Playing Games.
Our Product Lines
- 3D Sequences, Video and Visualization
- Virtual Environment Training
- Simulation Based Training System
- Standalone PC Simulator
- Serious Games
- Avatar-based training environment Biometrics & Forensics / Sensitive Site Exploitation
- Biolab Safety for National Institutes of Health
- Modeling and Simulation
- Collaborative collective training
- Nodal Network Simulator (NNS)
Latest News View All
- DAVID POLIZZOTTI AWARDED JANUS RESEARCH GROUP ENERGY AWARD JANUS Research Group (JANUS) is pleased to present Mr. David Polizzotti with an Energy Award for his work under the Army and Joint Concept Division Task Order (TO). (5/26/2023)
- ERIC LOWRY AWARDED JANUS RESEARCH GROUP ENERGY AWARD JANUS Research Group and the Capability, Integration and Sustainment Solutions (CIS2) team are pleased to present Eric Lowry with the JANUS Energy Award in recognition of his work under the Futures and Concepts Center (FCC) Architecture Integration Management Division (AIMD) contract. (5/25/2023)
- JACQUELINE CHRABOT AWARDED JANUS RESEARCH GROUP ENERGY AWARD JANUS Research Group is pleased to present Jacqueline Chrabot with an Energy Award in recognition of her outstanding level of skill, proficiency and dedication in providing technical support and analysis for the Career-Long Learning Continuum (CLLC) project. (5/15/2023)
- JANUS RESEARCH GROUP AWARDED NAVAL FACILITIES ENGINEERING SYSTEMS COMMAND TRAINING SUPPORT AGENCY TASK ORDER The objective of this TO is to obtain professional support services in the areas of Manpower, Personnel, Training and Education (MPT&E) and Instructional Systems Design in support of NAVFAC TSA at Port Hueneme, CA. (5/4/2023)