JANUS is leveraging the technology, design principals, and best practices established by the video game industry to develop serious games.
Serious games are designed to present realistic settings to teach operational concepts, ideas, and procedures through a game character and full immersive, interactive 3-D training environment. JANUS Serious Games provide a cost effective, low overhead, low risk, ability to place students in an immersive, experiential and consequence based virtual operational training environment.
JANUS Serious Game Features
- Designed as a First-Person Shooter, places students in a realistic, high-risk, operational environment
- Multiple Non-Player Characters (NPCs) serve as the player’s instructor(s) and guide them through the critical skills acquisition phases
- The training tasks, conditions, standards, equipment and operational settings for each module are specific to the customer’s requirements and are built to interface with a tailored Learning Management System (LMS)
- The LMS keeps track of student’s progress and skills proficiency related to critical system and operational tasks
- JANUS Serious Game design features focus on presenting the students with problem sets in different operational environments that force students to work through various complex decision making models.
JANUS Serious Game Development Capabilities
- A team of highly skilled Game Developers, Senior Systems Engineers, subject matter experts, training developers, level designers, 2D and 3D Artists, and QA/QC personnel
- Resident aptitude and expertise to rapidly identify, organize and translate complex training and educational objectives into Serious Game modules
- Skilled application of “AGILE” software development principals that are customer and end user focused and ensures that each module delivery meets all customer and end user expectations.
- Capability to present “Training-on-demand” that is tailored to specific pieces of equipment and critical skills
- Capacity to create theater specific, virtual replicas of multiple complex, uncertain operational environments (Asia / Pacific, Africa, Middle East, and/or Latin America)
- Elegant use of artificial intelligence (AI) that provides a rich, just in time NPC experience.
- Combine and leverage the best attributes, capabilities and features of First Person Shooter, Real Time Strategy, and Role Playing Games.
Our Product Lines
- 3D Sequences, Video and Visualization
- Virtual Environment Training
- Simulation Based Training System
- Standalone PC Simulator
- Serious Games
- Avatar-based training environment Biometrics & Forensics / Sensitive Site Exploitation
- Biolab Safety for National Institutes of Health
- Modeling and Simulation
- Collaborative collective training
- Nodal Network Simulator (NNS)
Latest News View All
- JANUS RESEARCH GROUP JOINS DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE SKILLBRIDGE PROGRAM AS INDUSTRY PARTNER JANUS Research Group (JANUS) has officially been approved as a trusted employer by the Department of Defense (DoD) SkillBridge program to create opportunities for service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through specific industry training, apprenticeships, or internships during their last 180 days of service. (9/26/2023)
- JANUS RESEARCH GROUP RECOGNIZES NATHAN STANLEY, DIMI ADENIYI, MARILYN ENRIQUEZ AND ALISON RUMLEY WITH ENERGY AWARDS JANUS Research Group (JANUS) and the Manpower, Personnel and Training Business Unit (MPT BU) are pleased to present Mr. Nathan Stanley, Ms. Dimi Adeniyi, Ms. Marilyn Enriquez, and Ms. Alison Rumley with Energy Awards based on their exceptional skills and dedication to the team. (9/23/2023)
- JANUS RESEARCH GROUP RECOGNIZES SCOTT HALVORSON AND CHAD HOANG WITH ENERGY AWARDS JANUS Research Group (JANUS) is pleased to present Mr. Scott Halvorson and Mr. Chad Hoang with Energy Awards for their exceptional work on the Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) Mitigation Framework (MF) and Augmented Reality (AR) project. (9/21/2023)
- JANUS RESEARCH GROUP RECOGNIZES MS. KATHERINE HODGE, MR. JONATHAN FARRER AND MS. JESSICA ERIE WITH ENERGY AWARDS JANUS Research Group (JANUS) is pleased to present Ms. Katherine Hodge, Mr. Jonathan Farrer and Ms. Jessica Erie with Energy Awards for their outstanding efforts with the Manpower Personnel Training Business Unit (MPT BU). (8/24/2023)