Modeling and Simulations Planner
Fort Bliss, TX
Serves as Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Planner conducting technically-oriented exercise planning for the Joint Modernization Command (JMC) / Multi Domain Operations Simulations Center (MDOSC). The M&S Planner shall support the JMC MDOSC in planning for and supporting a Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) integrated training and test environment for training, simulations, gaming, tests and evaluations of exercises and events to enable Multi Domain Operations (MDO). The M&S Planner provides the JMC – MDOSC with expertise in planning and processes that support the Joint Warfighting Assessment (JWA). This includes expertise in Exercise Development; Joint Exercise Life Cycle (JELC); Simulation Control Plan; Simulations Federation integration and operations; simulation/stimulation architecture; and simulations exercise planning and coordination. This position requires excellent communications skills; knowledge of Joint and U.S. Military operations; a basic understanding of Mission Command Systems and their information exchange requirements for their deployment; ability to adapt and apply experience to new system architecture and operational concepts; understanding of the Mission Partner Environment; Cross Functional Teams (CFT); and Geographical Information System (GIS) and terrain requirements.
The M&S Planner must know how to integrate Army, Joint, and Coalition capabilities and provide consultation in the implementation of Multi Domain Operations; and Cross Functional Teams (CFT). Knowledge of Multi Domain Task Force (MDTF); American, British, Canadian, Australian, and New Zealand (ABCANZ) Armies Program in support of the Mission Partner Environment (MPE). Knowledge of CEMA and Cyber OPS technologies and initiatives along with project management expertise are desirable. PMP certification would be a plus.
More specifically, the individual performs the following tasks as directed by the Chief, MDOSC:
- Primary duties include direct support to OPS Team; COR/QASP; and Exercise Development. Secondary direct support includes GIS Support; Played Item Lists (PIL)’s; Cyber Simulations support, and all FUOPS planning.
- Assists in the development of comprehensive plans and strategies for the internal and external integration of day-to-day and long-range projects, actions, and activities requiring involvement of the MDOSC.
- Manages actions, determines status, prioritizes events, and provides comprehensive status briefs to division chief.
- Assists in preparation of the Modeling and Simulations Work Group Slide Deck and participates in weekly Modeling and Simulations WG Team meetings to assist the USAJMC MDOSC with preparing the SIMCON plan, and Exercise Support Manning Document.
- Meetings Attended: Operational Planning Team (OPT) (FUOPS); Synthetic Training Environment (STE) / Cross Functional Teams (CFT) WG; Targeting WG; Transition WG; Requirements (FUOPS) WG; Focused Drill Down WG
- Requirements Determination: Analyzes concepts and capabilities to determine the impact to the JWA exercise requirements. Able to prepare, present / brief Joint and Mission Partner stakeholders.
- Policy and Plans: Interprets policies, concepts, capabilities (requirements) documents to standardize toward interoperability and maximize alignment with Army, Joint, and Multi-national initiatives.
- Coordinate with Department of the Army G3/5/7, Program Executive Offices, and the Army Centers of Excellence Battle Labs.
- Monitors progress of work and reports status to chain of command. Plans, schedules, and coordinates support requirements for training activities, test & evaluation events and efforts of the MDOSC. Works actions through to completion
- Technical Expertise: Maintains technical understanding of the fielding of simulation systems such as OneSAF, WARSIM/JLCCTC, mission command systems, and cyber and electronic warfare (EW) capabilities in alignment with Capability Set Fielding plans and timelines.
- Required to have US SECRET
- Program management experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 10-15 years of experience planning and integrating U.S. Army networks, simulation systems, and mission command systems
- Expertise in MS Office applications
- Approximately 20% a year to Germany, Poland, and CONUS
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group, Inc. will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group, Inc.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
JANUS Research Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.