Mission Partner Environment Network Planner
Fort Bliss, TX
Serves as a Network Planner conducting technically-oriented exercise planning for the Joint Modernization Command (JMC). Provides the Joint Multi-National Interoperability Technical Division (JMNITD) with expertise in communications and computer systems engineering as well as technical advice in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes that support the Joint Warfighting Assessment (JWA). Supports the design and establishment of networks leading to successful test and assessment of government-sponsored Programs of Record and Industry sponsored commercial technology. Integrates Army, Joint, and Coalition capabilities and provides consultation in the application of emerging technology and software development. Provides high level planning in the implementation of the Army Network 2025 as well as advancement of coalition communications standards, such as Multinational Interoperability Programme (MIP) and American, British, Canadian, Australian, and New Zealand (ABCANZ) Armies Program in support of the Mission Partner Environment (MPE).
More specifically, the individual performs the following tasks as directed by the Chief, JMITD:
- Program Management: Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) for coordinating and planning technical programs within assigned areas of responsibility. Capable of performing duties as an IT Project Management Professional (PMP) for multiple exercises concurrently.
- Requirements Determination: Analyzes concepts and capabilities to determine the impact to the JWA exercise network infrastructure. Ensures that new network communications and/or computer systems are efficient and cost effective for supporting warfighter information systems. Ensures that the JWA network architectural designs meet DoD standards. Able to prepare, present, and defend architectural recommendations to the Configuration Management Board (CMB).
- Policy and Plans: Interprets policies, concepts, capabilities (requirements) documents to standardize toward interoperability and maximize alignment with Army, Joint, and Multi-national communications network standards.
- Coordinate with Department of the Army G3/5/7, Program Executive Offices, and the Army Centers of Excellence.
- Technical Expertise: Maintains technical expertise in network communications and computer system hardware, languages, applications, and software under development by NETCOM and CIO/G6 and system developers to promote effective integration in the JWA Joint Coalition Networks and in alignment with Capability Set Fielding plans and timelines.
- Prepares the network integration annex to the JWA operations order including appendices directing coordination with JMC staff, subordinate units, and
- supporting agencies IAW Department of the Army Executive Orders and coordinating instructions.
- Provides support to the exercise network operations security center (NOSC) to supervise the installation, operation, and maintenance of the evaluation network as well as ensuring network operations management requirements compliance.
- Provides recommendations and develops updates to standing operating procedures (SOP) within established timelines to support the improvement of signal planning and NOSC functionality.
- Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree
- CompTIA Security+
- 10-15 years of experience planning and integrating U.S. Army networks and mission command systems
- Experience with the Army acquisition process (JCIDS CLR101 preferred)
- Expertise in MS Office applications
- Approximately 20% a year to Germany, Poland, and CONUS
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group, Inc. will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group, Inc.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
JANUS Research Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.