Senior Software Engineer
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Senior Software Engineer for Product Manager Tactical Cyber & Network Operations Systems. Candidate will guide the development of the JENM and Atom Product Lines.
The candidate must be familiar with the DoD standards – guiding the development of information systems by studying operations; designing, developing software solutions; and supporting a software development team. The Senior Software Engineer will oversee a team of developers responsible for building new software capabilities in support of the JENM and Atom Product Lines. The candidate should demonstrate the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills. Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle. Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions. Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions. The candidate shall provide technical and management support and detailed hands-on knowledge of the JENM and Atom product lines for determining priorities of proposed changes, developing ROMs and schedules for briefings and program reviews. Provide technical representation for Program Management Reviews, Working groups, Assist in the analysis of operations, and processes in direct support of product implementation. Document and submit all recommendations to the Program Management for support to leadership throughout PEO C3T as well as numerous organizations throughout the Joint Forces.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: Candidate must be a US Citizen in order to obtain and maintain an interim and final security clearance.
It is critical for candidates to have in depth knowledge of the listed skill sets.
- Minimum fifteen years of experience with Tactical Radio Networks and related NETOPS support.
- Minimum five years of experience working an Agile Systems Engineering and Development Environment.
- Minimum ten years of experience in Government Systems/Network Development combined with Software Engineering Definition, specification and design of complex communication systems.
- Experience providing planning, development, integration and field support to the Joint Enterprise Network Manager (JENM).
- Minimum of five years of experience with the following Department of Defense (DoD) waveform applications: Soldier Radio Waveform (SRW), Mobile User Objective System (MUOS), Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System (SINCGARS), Satellite Communications (SATCOM); and Handheld, Manpack and Small Form Fit (HMS) radios.
- Minimum of ten years of experience working on software intensive military systems and programs.
- Security Clearance: Secret
Experience and Education:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related technical experience is required.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group, Inc. will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group, Inc.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
JANUS Research Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.