Fort Bliss, TX
Serves as an exercise planner in the US Army Joint Modernization Command (JMC) G3 Plans Division. Responsible to the Plans Chief and exercise specific Lead Planner (Government) to assist in coordinating, scheduling and synchronizing all exercise related planning activities, exercise training support requirements, assessments and test & evaluation events, and operations.
1. Assist the JMC Lead Planner in developing a comprehensive plan and strategy for the internal and external integration planning and coordination actions/activities required to support exercise planning. Provides sound, mature advice and recommendations to the Lead Planner for effective orchestration of events and activities to support exercise planning. Assists the Lead Planner with managing ongoing actions, status, prioritizing planning actions and provides comprehensive status briefs to division chief or G3 in the absence of the Lead Planner. Assists the Lead Planner with staffing, receipt, review, tracking and approval of all exercise related taskings, products and documents.
2. Assists the Lead Planner with developing and managing and exercise support requirements, timelines to support exercise planning (as an example identify key events and dates, planning conferences and IPRs). In conjunction with the Lead Planner represents JMC at planning and resource meetings ensuring ranges, training and maneuver areas, simulation facilities are reserved and can adequately support exercise requirements.
3. In support of the Lead Planner, monitors progress of work and reports status works actions through to completion. Ensures event resourcing is coordinated and suspense’s are meet during the planning process; as an example, orders, annexes, range and ammunition forecasting, airspace, spectrum and other training support requirements with external agencies to resource training and test events.
- Current Secret Clearance
- Brigade or Division level staff officer
- Knowledge and understanding of Joint and Multi-National operations.
- Use of Microsoft software is required
- TDY should be expected potentially up to 20% of the year
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group, Inc. will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group, Inc.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
JANUS Research Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.