Senior System Administrator
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Consolidated engineering and technical services to support the Communication Electronics Command (CECOM), Software Engineering Center (SEC) Command, Control, and Communications-Tactical (C3T) Directorate located at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), Maryland.
Must have knowledge of TCP/IP, information security/authorization profiles, or system administration of Unix or Windows networks/systems. Must be capable of managing the servers, which typically involves installing and upgrading the servers, as well as solving any kind of problems with the systems. Must provide the essential software support for the laptops, desktop personal computers, and printers, including the configuration of the hardware devices, testing new software and designing the structure of the network. Must be capable of monitoring the system configuration, including the server event log. Must be capable of testing the operating system software, the networking software and also the computer hardware. Must be capable of monitoring and developing the procedures for backups of the servers.
- Experience with/in/as a(n) Army tactical networks and computer systems
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required.
- User Privilege: IAT-2
- Personnel Security Stds: IT-II
- Position Sensitivity Designation: Noncritical-sensitive (ADP-II)
- Federal Investigative Stds: TIER 3
- Knowledge of Army organization structure and Unit Task Organization concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate and lead integrated project team(s)
- Four Additional years of applicable experience with appropriate certifications may be substituted for the degree.
- Preferred experience: 5 years within the last 8 years
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status—to fearlessly drive change.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group, Inc. will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group, Inc.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
JANUS Research Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.