JANUS is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented LMS Integrator to join our team at JIDO.
In direct support of the Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Organization (JIDO), the LMS Integrator is responsible for the support and management of the LMS, including design, development, implementation, delivery, and maintenance of content, assets, and other resources used for instructional purposes for the JDT7 Education Team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as the domain administrator responsible for integrating the LMS and coordinate any user interface customization requirements and provide design recommendations for Government review and approval.
- Responsible for gathering data, compiling information, and preparing reports using structured and unstructured sources.
- Support the continued development, testing, and sustainment of courseware; acquisition, installation, and sustainment of applicable hardware and software to operate and integrate both the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) courseware and the LMS into existing architecture to facilitate and track user training.
- Ensure the LMS is capable of tracking individual training records for all students.
- Serve as help desk for and issues related to the LMS such as user account maintenance, documenting and troubleshooting application issues and training users on LMS functionality.
Customer & Student Technical Support (45%)
- Ensure daily operational sustainment of the LMS.
- Ensure user (staff, instructors and students) access to LMS.
- Provide day-to-day and ongoing technical customer support to ensure smooth operations of internal and external training events.
- Track and report user activity providing statistical evaluation of student, instructor and course performance.
- Perform analysis and triage of customer inquiries and concerns and provide solutions as appropriate.
- Log and track customer requests for assistance, including demographic and program or resource data associated with each request.
- Develop and execute ad-hoc database queries for unique customer requests.
Course Administration & Collaboration (45%)
- Collaborate with team members to develop, revise, and distribute resources to facilitate user success in the LMS experience.
- Assist with training event preparations and operations as needed, to include resource and materials management, and program tool configuration and validation. Assist with the inventory management, and distribution of digital communication and program materials.
- Participate in the preparation of digital documentation of tools and processes for customer use.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and analysis of program user satisfaction surveys, user analytics, and other identified performance metrics and data.
- Create and present regular reports from available data that documents trends and make recommendations for improvements.
- Support the creation of student user accounts in the learning management system confirming tool availability, access and function based on role assignment.
- Provide administrative support to and contribute to collaborative planning process with staff and organization as needed.
- Manage and update course activity schedules for training events.
- Set up and populate Sakai online instruction platform webpages supporting all internal and external training events.
- Update, administer and report course and program evaluation surveys for course, curriculum and self-evaluations.
- Work with faculty to facilitate a scalable and sustainable refresh and reuse process for online programs and courses.
- Training facilitator providing training advice and support to Government Clients, Subject Matter Experts in the development of instructional training products and materials.
Systems Improvement (10%)
- Ability to work collaboratively with various groups and individuals, solve problems, and adapt to support emerging requirements is critical to this position.
- Conduct LMS Enhancements research.
- Adapt existing system features to stated requirements.
- Master's degree in Informational technology, Instructional System Design, or related field.
- Foundational IT – SQL, Microsoft Windows systems, servers, and general IT practice.
- Experience implementing, deploying and/or administering MySQL Server database, Apache Tomcat and Apache HTTP Server in a Windows environment.
- Experience with MySQL Workbench
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, SAKAI preferred.
- Experience with SCORM, SCORM Compliance and integration with Learning Management Systems.
- Technical writing skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Informational technology, Instructional System Design, or related field.
- Over 10 years of experience working in an advanced academic Military or university setting; academic technology support experience.
- Familiar with the deployment of collaborative learning environments and Learning Management Systems.
- Able to manage SharePoint site content and list data and make site design recommendations.
- Experience managing resources and inventory, tracking and analyzing production events and systems, and both generating and integrating program objectives into daily work.
- Ability to initiate and complete technology projects, prioritize tasks and use good judgment in providing services based on goals; excellent time management skills and adaptability; effective communication and interpersonal skills; outstanding customer service skills.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to establish technical requirements and priorities.
- Relevant real-world experience in Instructional Systems Development (ISD).
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft’s Office suite of products, especially Excel and Excel Dashboards.
- Must possess a TOP SECRET/SCI Security Clearance.
- Familiarity with military organizations and current military doctrine.
- Must be able to meet the DoD 8570.01 Technical Level 1 requirements for privileged level access to systems.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group, Inc. will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group, Inc.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
JANUS Research Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.