Fort Gordon, GA
(CCNA Security (preferred) or GSEC or Security+CE or SSCP) AND computing environment certification (CCNA Security or CCNA R&S) and provide verification of Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) security or CCNP R&S. The employee also provides a certificate of completion in CCNP TSHOOT 2015 Video Boot Camp from Udemy.
Hours will vary and are dictated by mission needs, but may include three rotating shifts working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Prospect should have experience troubleshooting and configuration of Cisco Routers and Switches, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Voice-over-IP pones, Cisco ASA security appliances, Promina/IDNX, REDCOM PBX, KIV-7M and TACLANE devices. Experience in the installation and operation of DELL Servers, Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS), Patch Panels, Media Converters, Avocent KVM switches, Ethernet/Fiber/Coaxial cables.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience or equivalent in network operational environment consisting of multiple Cisco devices (including Routers, Switches, and Firewalls). (Palo Alto experience a plus.)
- Possess expert knowledge and skills with current Army tactical radios, their networking and capabilities.
- Possess a Secret security clearance with possibility of upgrade to Top Secret with SCI eligibility.
- Network/Data Engineers supporting LE on day one must have baseline certification in:
(GSEC or Security+CE or SSCP) AND (CCNA Security (Preferred) or CCNA R&S) and provide verification of CCNP Security or CCNP R&S. The employee must also provide a certificate of completion in CCNP TShoot Video Boot Camp from Udemy.
- Possess or Obtain within six months a CCNP Security or CCNP R&S certification
- Obtain within six months one of the following pertaining to VMWare: VMWare (VMWare certification VCPS-DCV; or Udemy training certification VMware ESX and VSphere Admin Tutorial; or ITU training certification VMware vSphere VCP 5.5
- Prospect shall have experience in Cryptographic Key Management. Experience in performing preventative maintenance on all hardware as recommended by the equipment vendor specified warranty.
RHN-E Network/Data Planning, Analysis and Maintenance Requirements: Network/Data Planning, Analysis and Maintenance shall require the contractor to provide support to mission by monitoring dedicated circuits. Provide Command, Control, Communications and Computer (C4) network planning of all RHN-E supported networks 90% of the time. This task includes development of the network architectures and diagrams required supporting any RHN-E mission. Support to missions shall be provided using in-house tools, or on-site, depending on mission requirements. Each monitored circuit shall be evaluated constantly on its own criteria and the contractor shall utilize the tools available at each level to ensure that each circuit stays within the specified parameters.
Troubleshooting: The contractor shall be responsible for troubleshooting network problems. This includes providing a hasty evaluation of a suspect troubled circuit, segmenting the faulty area and providing a fix-action within a four-hour period. Troubleshooting shall be required of multi-level networks that support each circuit. Coordination with outside agencies for outages or problems beyond the control of the RHN-E shall also be required.
The subtasks in support of Network/Data Planning, Analysis and Maintenance include:
- Trouble shooting any internal network issues as well as assisting customers in their troubleshooting efforts as required to ensure 90% network availability.
- Configuration of RHN-E hardware and software to facilitate mission requirements including:
- Juniper and Cisco Routers and Switches
- Cisco Call Manager
- Voice-Over-IP telephones
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances (ASA)
- Redcom Private Branch Exchange (PBX)
- Tactical Local Area Network Encryption (TACLANE)
- Installation of Hardware and Software and Media
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
- Patch Panels
- Media Converters
- Avocent keyboard, video, and mouse switch (KVM) switches
- Ethernet/Fiber/Coaxial cables
- Daily entries into the RHN-E Master Station Log (MSL) detailing all actions performed.
- Perform functionality and serviceability checks of equipment listed in #2 and #3 daily.
- Cryptographic Key Management.
- Coordinate compliance with local NEC/DISA/NETCOM by coordinating planned maintenance and preparing for down-time.
- Ensuring mission networks are being advertised.
- Coordinate ports, protocols and all service requests.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all RHN-E assets as recommended by the equipment vendor specified warranty.
- Provide sanitization and/or destruction of equipment removed from the RHN-E.
- Maintain an equipment inventory sheet of all networking equipment listed in #2 and #3 as well as any new network equipment acquired during the course of the contract, by equipment type, serial number and location.
- Maintain a software version sheet of all networking equipment listed in #2 and #3 as well as any new network equipment acquired during the course of the contract. This is to be combined with inventory sheet.
Documentation: Proper documentation of the existing and future networks involving the RHN-E is critical to network execution. The contractor shall be required to develop and maintain network diagrams of existing and future or planned networks and equipment configurations within the RHN-E using tools such as Microsoft Visio or PowerPoint. Documentation shall consist of accurate drawings and interconnects to the port or user level. These drawings shall be consistent with the established RHN-E standard and provide units with sufficient detail to successfully commission the unit’s networks. The contractor will also maintain a database of all ongoing and planned RHN-E missions that will include mission statistics and maintenance schedules. The contractor shall provide the following support regarding documentation:
- All documents related to a mission (Report CDRL A005) shall be posted to the RHN-E SharePoint portal.
- Post mission change notifications (Report CDRL A005) to the RHN-E Sh
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group, Inc. will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group, Inc.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
JANUS Research Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.