Microsoft Server Instructor/Writer
Fort Gordon, GA
***This position is contingent upon award***
JANUS is currently seeking a well-versed Instructor/Writer to provide Microsoft System Administrator Instruction and Training Development for functional/PME courses within the Signal School at Fort Gordon, GA.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop, maintain and update Microsoft System Administrator Training.
- Conduct development/upgrading of lesson plans, instruct classes, and evaluate student performances using TRADOC-approved Instructional methodology to include 350-2 (Staff and Faculty Development Training), 350-5 (Ft Gordon Academic Practices), 350-22 (Test Control Policies and Procedures).
- Instructor/writers shall collaborate with government personnel to establish acceptable instructor practices and student evaluation criteria.
- May work as part of a team which will include military and/or civilian instructors.
- Assist students in the development of presentation skills to include developing lesson plans, preparing training materials, and practicing presentations. Ensure classroom presentation equipment and classroom furniture is in operable condition.
- Ensure established classroom security requirements and procedures are followed IAW the unit Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Maintain student records and statistics.
- Apply the current program of instruction (POI). The instructor shall be required to provide support with curriculum development when POI or lesson plans changes become necessary due to changing technology, requirements or critical tasks.
- Review and update classroom training materials such as student handouts, lesson plans, slides, and practical exercises, as required. The Branch Chief shall approve any recommended updates to training material prior to implementation. The Branch Chief will provide lessons/training plan formats.
- Conduct testing for subjects taught, to include grading of exams, evaluation of results, and recording of exam results and the conduct of after action reviews (AARs) with students. Instructor/writers shall be required to develop updated exams associated with updated curriculum.
- Make recommendations to the Branch Chief concerning academic actions when warranted by student classroom performance.
- Be required to stand, bend and stoop for long periods of time, while delivering and assisting students with training materials.
- Possess Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Be Instructor Qualified, Foundation Instructor-Facilitator Course (FIFC). FIFC certification must be less than five (5) years old.
- Be Foundation Instructor-Facilitator Course (FIFC) trained.
- Be CPR Certified.
- Possess advanced presentation speaking skills (i.e. tailoring content and delivery for different audiences, presenting confidently to large or small groups, and using a more creative approach to presenting).
- Have successfully completed Instructor training courses for MOC 6419 (Configuring, Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008-based Servers, MOC 6421 (Configuring and Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure), MOC 6425 (Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services) and MOC 10135 (Configuring, Managing and Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2010).
- Possess a MCITP: Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008 or higher certification that is less than three years old.
- Have at least six months experience instructing Windows Server 2012 or higher and Exchange server latest version of course materials.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group, Inc. will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group, Inc.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
JANUS Research Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.