Fort Gordon, GA
***This position is contingent upon award***
JANUS is currently seeking a well-versed Instructor/Writer to provide Cisco Instruction and Training Development for functional/PME courses within the Signal School at Fort Gordon, GA.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop, maintain and update CISCO Training.
- Instruct classes, conduct training development of lesson plans, and evaluate student performances using TRADOC-approved Instructional methodology to include 350-2 (Staff and Faculty Development Training), 350-5 (Ft Gordon Academic Practices), 350-22 (Test Control Policies and Procedures).
- Instructor shall collaborate with current government personnel to establish acceptable instructor practices and student evaluation criteria.
- May work as part of a team which will include military and/or civilian instructors.
- Assist students in the development of Instructor presentation skills to include developing lesson plans, preparing training materials, and practicing presentations.
- Ensure classroom presentation equipment and classroom furniture is in operable condition.
- Ensure established classroom security requirements and procedures are followed IAW the unit Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Maintain student records and statistics.
- Apply the current program of instruction (POI) in each course listed in the PWS. As the POI or lesson plans require modification due to changing technology, requirements or critical tasks, the instructor shall be required to provide support with curriculum development.
- Periodically review classroom training materials such as student handouts, lesson plans, slides, and practical exercises for accuracy and adequacy.
- Conduct testing in subjects taught, to include grading of exams, evaluation of results, and recording of exam results and the conduct of after action reviews (AARs) with students. Instructor shall be required to develop new tests associated with the new curriculum.
- Make recommendations to the COR concerning academic actions when warranted by classroom performance.
- Be required to stand, bend and stoop for long periods of time, while delivering and assisting students with training materials.
- Be required to conduct training indoors and outdoors as needed.
- Be required to operate and demonstrate strategic equipment functions.
- Possess Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Be certified in the Faculty Development Program (FDP-1), the Instructor Training Course (ITC) or equivalent, and Support Cadre Training Course. FDP-1 and ITC certification must be no older than 5 years.
- Possess advanced presentation speaking skills.
- Perform all duties and tasks in accordance with SIGCEN/TRADOC regulations such as USASC&FG REG 350-5 (Ft Gordon Academic Practices).
- Have successfully completed Instructor training courses for CCNA Routing and Switching Introduction to Networks (ITN), Routing and Switching Essentials, Scaling Networks and Connecting plus Cisco Network Academy Orientation course within the last eighteen months.
- Have been accredited to instruct CCNA Routing and Switching through a Cisco Networking Academy Instructor Training Center (ITC).
- Possess a CCNA Certification or higher Cisco networking certification less than two years old. Have six months experience instructing Cisco Networking Academy CCNA Exploration and/or CCNA Rout and Switch course materials.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group, Inc. will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group, Inc.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
JANUS Research Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.