San Diego, CA
***This position is contingent upon award***
JANUS Research Group Inc, is actively seeking a well-versed Chemist to support the Chemical and Biological/Homemade Explosive Division. The Chemist will provide knowledge continuity in science, further enhance technical understanding, and enable advance training in the realm of chemical, biological and homemade explosive hazards. In charge of providing EOD TEU ONE instructors advance proficiency, and ensuring that O-FRP Basic Phase ULT training is scientifically accurate resulting in EOD platoons meeting MCO training requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide curriculum support, and be willing to travel 30% of the year.
- Conduct periodic surveys of former students and instructors to ascertain utility of curriculum.
- Evaluate student and instructor feedback on course content, scheduling, and delivery to recommend and implement changes.
- Manage and organize curriculum update efforts. Refine existing training aides, areas, and scenarios.
- Technical analysis (i.e. storage, processing, and dissemination) of Lessons Learned Reports, Technology Recommendations, all course critique data (raw and analyzed).
- Use collected course critique data to make recommendations to government personnel for improving future course iterations.
- Facilitation of training, i.e. instructing students and facilitating Practical Assessments as well as support to other instructor’s w/regards to the technical aspects of training or operating in an environment with potentially reactive materials, taking place at local training venues as well as NEOD training sites in Darwin Wash, SLC, VA Beach, and others.
- Other facilitation requirements include: Aid in obtaining and maintaining divisional professional knowledge library, coordinate with and schedule civilian and/or contracted instructors, communicate with National Labs, NAVEODTECHDIV, LANL etc.
- Required to travel to training sites both local and remote.
- Required to attend HME training at the Chemical Energetics Course at NAS China Lake; HME ESOF facilitated by Point One; Advanced C/B training DPG; assist with technical aspects of device builds and drills during China Lake FTX; and various other training venues and conferences relevant to the NEOD C/B mission. Estimated 25% travel time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Bio/Chemistry.
- Must have experience logged as an assistant to include forming lesson plans, grading, and advising students.
- Lab experience, outside of college training, or, experience with energetic materials.
- Ability to facilitate Curriculum Development.
- Ability to coordinate and schedule training courses of instruction.
- Willingness to travel approximately 25% of work year to other areas to schedule, facilitate and monitor all course convening’s.
- Ability to coordinate with external EOD commands and HHQs.
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate with military personnel in a military environment.
- Take direction from designated EODTEUONE personnel.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Having regular interactions with NEOD and NECC Students.
- Ability to aid in developing new drill sets and scenarios based on real world intelligence reports.
- Required to interact with other technical SMEs at US National Labs.
- Possess or qualify for a Security Clearance of SECRET.
- Possess valid CPR certification.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group, Inc. will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group, Inc.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
JANUS Research Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.