Virtual Reality Human Systems Integration Engineer
San Diego, CA
***This position is contingent upon award***
JANUS Research Group, Inc, is actively seeking a technically expert Virtual Reality Engineering to work in the Human Systems Integration Cell who will develop, administer and/or advise on virtual reality (VR) formatted videos engineered to supplement delivery methods for the approved EODTEU ONE curriculum. The VR-HSI Engineer Learned Professionals will support Explosive Ordnance Disposal Training and Evaluation Unit (EODTEU) ONE in San Diego, CA.
The VR-HSI Engineer is responsible for developing training support materials and products, including analysis reports, design documents, instructional content and courseware (according to the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation phases of the ADDIE instructional design model). The VR-HSI Engineers will help assure the quality of products acquired by EODTEU ONE prior to government acceptance and approval. The VR-HSI Engineers will be capable of independent judgement with the ability to provide adaptive analytical thinking. Furthermore, these personnel must incorporate those capabilities within a working knowledge of ocular viewed immersive photorealistic spherical virtual reality platforms and their associated manufacturing processes. At EODTEUONE, ocular viewed immersive photorealistic spherical virtual reality platforms are being incorporated into training delivery that apply the best concepts, techniques and technologies to accelerate learning of the approved EODTEU ONE curriculum.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Development of plans and programs for both achieving and maintaining product quality throughout the video’s life-cycle.
- Monitoring video operations to prevent production defects and verifying adherence to quality plans or requirements.
- Analysis and investigation of adverse quality trends, and initiation of corrective action if necessary.
Minimum 5 years of experience performing the following tasks:
- Develop and maintain computer programs using C++, C#, Python, MATLAB Unity and other programming languages to support CAD/engineering, Virtual Reality and Additive Manufacturing.
- Can create and maintain algorithms or scripts to support engineering optimization of photorealistic spherical ocular viewed videos.
- Developed hardware and software configurations to support system designs.
- Strong communication skills that can utilize military specific language and acronyms.
- Working knowledge of 3D tools such as 3DS MAX, MAYA, Autodesk 3D, Zbrush.
- Developing realistic ocular viewed photorealistic spherical environments and textured 3D assets.
- Proficient with deriving 3D math and shader development.
- Utilize photogrammetry, computer aided design and photorealistic spherical filming to create interactive simulations.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited four-year college or university in applied science, computing, engineering, mathematics, management information systems, or other related engineering or computer science discipline.
- Possess or qualify for a Security Clearance of SECRET.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group, Inc. will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group, Inc.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
JANUS Research Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.