Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
The incumbent serves as an Acquisition Coordinator for Program Manager Tactical Network. In this capacity, the incumbent is responsible for working directly with Assistant Product Managers (APM)/ Budget Management Division (BMD) to assist them in developing an acquisition requirements package (ARP) that includes, but is not limited, to the Performance Work Statement/Statement of Work (PWS/SOW), Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE), and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL). The incumbent will work with Army Contracting Command officials and will assist the APMs with shaping an effective acquisition strategy to meet mission needs. The incumbent must be able to quickly understand requirements and facilitate rapid implementation of solutions to meet the needs of the PM Tactical Network program supporting.
The incumbent will plan, analyze, and evaluate procurement programs in order to manage the contractual aspects for the acquisition for highly complex major communications systems. Must have a broad knowledge of contract types which include: engineering and management services, research and development, production and product improvement. The work requires an expert knowledge of procurement statutes and regulations, contracting methods, policies, procedures and contract types, pre and post award procurement actions. Be able to provide advice and status of contracts to keep Product/Program Manager informed and up-to-date. Input contract data into the management information database. Advise the Project Manager of Source Selection Evaluation plans, criteria, and methodologies. Develop long range acquisition plans and strategies; make presentations; and respond to inquiries, protests, and congressional inquiries.
The incumbent must be able to work independently with minimal guidance provided by senior leadership. Additionally, the incumbent must possess a knowledge of Army Acquisition and Budget processes as demonstrated through years of Army Acquisition experience.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Intimate familiarity with Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts and the fair opportunity process to award Task/Delivery Orders under multiple award IDIQ contracts.
- Knowledge of the exceptions to the fair opportunity process and required documentation to support an exception is required.
- Knowledge of various contract types to include Firm-Fixed-Price, Cost-Plus-Fixed-Fee and Time and Materials, and conditions for use of such contracts is required.
- Familiarity with use of IT tools to accomplish work efforts to include web-based tools such as Sharepoint.
- Knowledge of FAR/DFARS and AFARS.
- Experience in development/review of Justification and Approval documents in accordance with the ACC guide for Other than Full and Open Competition.
- Familiarity with development/review of required ARP documents to include PWS/SOW, IGCE, CDRLs, DD Form 254s and Service Contract Approval.
- Certification: DAU Level III Acquisition or equivalent
Experience and Education:
- BA or BS degree or equivalent is required
Travel: less than 10%
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group, Inc. will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group, Inc.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
JANUS Research Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.