Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Design, plan, install, integrate and maintain backbone core-area tactical and strategic communications networks, including portions of the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) and the Global Information Grid (GIG).
Gather mission needs statements Initial Capabilities Document (MNSICD), and operational requirements Capability Development Documents (ORCDD), and Capability Production Documents (CPD) for Army’s tactical communications systems and translate requirements into technical solutions that are standards-based and cost efficient.
Develop network architecture for adjacent, higher and lower units, as well as for allied nations, other government agencies and commercial service interfaces.
Knowledge and understanding current/future Force tactical and strategic military communications networks, as well as the architecture, protocols, security, network management and physics underlying these systems.
Responsible for the engineering design, development, integration, installation, operation and maintenance of the T2C2 system into WIN-T Inc 1 and WIN-T Inc 2 network architectures.
Support technical tasks in the integration of Data/Voice/Video/Telephony in the WIN-T Inc 1 and Inc 2 Network, engineering and technical documentation and assistance in the development of technical requirements, specifications, plans and reports, software/hardware engineering, preparation of independent assessments, systems engineering, technical expertise at fielding locations, test and evaluation, architectural/interoperability support, and quality engineering.
Provide technical support in PM WIN-T equipment labs. Develop equipment and network configurations and products.
Support technology insertion testing relative to emerging WIN-T Networks requirements and capabilities.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: Candidate must be a US Citizen in order to obtain and maintain an interim and final security clearance
Position Overview: Serve as a Network Engineer in support of PM WIN-T, PdM SATCOM.
- Understanding of WIN-T satellite communications to include FDMA and MF-TDMA. Experience in Network Centric Waveform preferred.
- Understanding of WIN-T routing architecture and concepts to include DMVPN, ZBF, QoS, Colorless Core and WCCP.
- Understanding of WIN-T inline network encryptor devices to include KG-175D, KIV-19, KG-250X and KIV-7.
- Understanding of WIN-T network management software to include GD NMS, Solarwinds, and CodeMettle.
- Understanding of Active Directory, Radius and other various Windows server-based functions.
- Understanding of Riverbed Steelhead which is the TCP PEP utilized in WIN-T architecture.
- Understanding of DISA STIGs to implement into tactical network architecture.
- Provide technical expertise at field locations as needed.
- Travel required: 50%
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Security Clearance: Secret
Experience and Education:
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or related technical experience is desired.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group, Inc. will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group, Inc.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
JANUS Research Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.