Senior Haptics Developer
***This position is contingent upon award***
We are looking for a developer who possesses a passion for pushing AR/VR technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of applications. Deep C++ experience combined with passion for working on breakthrough new technology is key for this position. If you are a 3D math whiz with a background in real time systems...if you love solving novel problems from first principles and are always on the lookout for better, faster, and smaller solutions, this might be your perfect job! Do you enjoy working at all levels of the software stack, from device drivers to operating systems, core libraries to user interfaces? Some key abilities include,
- Analyze, design, develop and debug real time VR and AR software for advanced prototypes and user experiences.
- Develop software for a variety of consumer devices, including novel sensing systems, tracking systems, imaging systems and haptic devices.
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of VR problem solving.
Mandatory Requirement: Candidate must be a US Citizen in order to obtain and maintain an interim and final security clearance
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, or Engineering field
- Proven working experience in software development
- 3D vector math and linear algebra skills
- 5 or more years recent C++ experience, including modern C++ features
- 5 or more years’ experience creating software for games or other real time environments.
- Proven track record of professional software development, including shipping one or more products.
- Problem solving and code optimization skill
- Demonstrated experience working across disciplines to drive optimal solutions.
- source control (GIT, SVN, etc)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Demonstrated ability to integrate with a wide array of backend technologies and services
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems and a willingness to learn
OPTIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in 3D graphics
- C# experience
- Windows driver development experience
- Knowledge of USB HID specifications
- Experience working on Unreal or Unity game development engines.
- Expertise in Physics, Optics, Computer Vision, Robotics, Sensor Fusion, or Machine Learning
- Up to 15%
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group, Inc. will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group, Inc.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
JANUS Research Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.