Big Data Solutions Architect
JANUS is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Big Data Solutions Architect to support a large customer project in Huntsville, AL.
- Experience in big data and data flow Apache Hadoop based platforms like Hortonworks, Cloudera or MapR.
- Experience with big data ECP ecosystem tools – to include (Yarn, Pig, Hive, Accumulo, Sqoop, and Solr).
- Experience with Apache Hadoop streaming real‐time data frameworks – to include (Spark, NiFi, Kafka, and Storm).
- Experience in multiple databases – to include (Teradata, Oracle, SQL, NoSQL, Erver etc...).
- Experience in designing, reviewing, implementing and optimizing data transformation processes in Apache Hadoop.
- Ability to consolidate, validate and cleanse data from a vast range of sources – from applications and databases to files and web services.
- Capable of extracting data from an existing databases, flat files, Web sources or APIs.
- Experience designing and implementing fast and efficient data acquisition using Big Data processing techniques and tools.
- Experience with architecting solutions using Big Data technologies.
- Experience creating and implementing Data Architectures.
- Experience in building data‐oriented solutions while working with multiple database and data warehouse technologies, including Oracle and Apache Hadoop.
- Experience in designing, building and optimizing large data management solutions, with a focus on data interoperability.
- Ability to integrate Big Data technologies into an overall architecture and lead a team of developers through the construction, testing and implementation phase.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- US Citizenship
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group, Inc. will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group, Inc.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
JANUS Research Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.