JANUS is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented LMS Administrator to join our team in Linthicum, MD.
In direct support of Defense Security Service (DSS) Security Education, Training and Awareness (SETA) directorate, the LMS Administrator will oversee the missions of the Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE) and the Defense Security Service Academy (DSSA), Collaborative Learning Environment (CLE) Domain.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Familiar with military organizations and current military doctrine.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as the Content Manager.
- Manage and control the CLE Domain functions and Affiliates Content folder.
- Manage user properties and permissions to courses, enrollments and information pertinent to a specific Affiliate.
- Provide guidance as well as technical support to instructors and course developers as they develop and present courses.
- Manage information available to Alumni and Affiliates.
- Coordinate with the Registrar’s Office.
- Familiar with the deployment of collaborative learning environments and Learning Management Systems.
- 5 years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite, SumTotal learning management system (LMS) and Blackboard or SAKAI, as well as experience with web conferencing software such as Adobe Connect, Elluminate, Centra or Wimba.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to establish technical requirements and priorities.
- Program management and technical writing capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Instructional Systems Development.
Benefits and unique perks offered, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Education Assistance Program
- Award Incentive Programs: Leader of the Year, Employee of the Quarter, Energy Award
- Scholarship Award Program
- Referral Incentive Program
- Employee Longevity Recognition
JANUS Research Group, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing:
Director of Human Resources
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within JANUS Research Group, Inc. will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with JANUS Research Group, Inc.
Janus Research Group participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
JANUS Research Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.